The Shipping and Salvage working group is currently forming and comprises Paul Rayner, Vikoma and Mark Orr from Interspill. Please contact Mark Orr if you wish to join this working group [email protected]
Possible themes for presentation to a wider working group are:
- Updating the traditional process of casualty management in shipping to enable great proactive action to prevent environmental harm of losses occur.
- Alternative Fuels – hazards and management of them
- Container losses – stemming the increase in losses
In March/April we will select our three topics and set dates and content for three Interspill Inform webinar to explore each topic in detail.
The format for the face to face Sector Themed Day will be as follows:
Weds 22 Jun – Shipping and Salvage
- 1100 – 1140 Sector VIP (s) set out the challenges their industry (ies) have over the next 5-10 years
- 1140 – 1200 Questions and short discussion
- 1200 – 1230 Theme 1 presentation and discussion
- 1230 – 1330 Lunch
- 1330 – 1400 Theme 2 presentation and discussion
- 1400 – 1500 Theme 3 presentation and discussion
- 1500 – 1530 Refreshment break
- 1530 – 1600 Open forum and discussion
- 1600 – 1630 Closing comments
The goal is to publish a white paper that outlines what we have discussed, learned by sharing and some ideas for action for the next 1, 5 and 10 years.
Please check back here to see updates to the content, dates, papers and case studies! Follow our Linked In page to see latest news!